07 Sep Import Manager
Otsuka people creating new products
for better health worldwide
is our philosophy that all Otsuka family globally know that they will be highly valued and encouraged to fulfill their potentials. We provide a welcoming, friendly and inspiring work environment that nurtures their growth and passion, as an individual and as part of a team, and stimulates their creativity that make us a unique and great place to work. The pharmaceutical company with our business includes manufacturing, trading, import and export of nutrition and pharmaceutical products. Total employees: Manufacturing 700 person, Head office (Sales and Business support) 200 person.
- Manage include organising work schedules and issuing shipping instructions to ensure delivery times and locations are co-ordinated. Ensure the import/re-export shipments are properly managed on a timely standard.This will also include track and trace management.
- Coordinate with shipping agents & liners to handle import pursuant to the quality standards. Negotiates with carriers, warehouse operators or distribution networks to determine tariffs which should be in the interests of the company at all times.
- Identify and monitor risks & opportunities, provide with proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks related to import & export and customs.
- Ensure importing smoothness and provide data, document(s), letter(s), evidence(s) as requested by local customs. Coordinate with the related parties to solve issues related to import business.
- Stock planning related to imported products or materials; Coordinate with all related parties to support sales and demand. Optimize inventory level to ensure the sufficiency and appropriateness of stock. Minimize issues on unsold/expired/non-license products and extra storage charge.
- Handle tax refund or compensation related to the Customs Department; summarize and submit the documents to the Customs Department or other related governmental organizations in order to acquire tax refund or tax compensation. Tax planning for imported products and shipment.
- Prepare reports on the performance department and suggest improvements that will enhance the company’s profit margins, as well as work closely with other senior department heads for the benefit of the company.
- Proactively keep up-to-date the law and regulation of the Custom Department and other related organization related to Import/Export process.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Management,Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management or any related fields.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience at manager/supervisor level and string experience in import functions, supply chain management.
- Experience dealing with customs department, excise department and Ministry of Health would be a plus.Strong knowledge in customs processes and laws in related to healthcare business, medical food, machine and materials.
- Good communicator; strong written and verbal English proficiency (TOEIC >= 700) and Computer literature.
- Teamwork & cross-collaborate with multiple departments and carry out changes and updates to team members.
- Good negotiating skills, strong analytical and problem-solving.