22 Sep Import and Export Manager
Import and Export Manager
Otsuka people creating new products
for better health worldwide
is our philosophy that all Otsuka family globally know that they will be highly valued and encouraged to fulfill their potentials. We provide a welcoming, friendly and inspiring work environment that nurtures their growth and passion, as an individual and as part of a team, and stimulates their creativity that make us a unique and great place to work. The pharmaceutical company with our business includes manufacturing, trading, import and export of nutrition and pharmaceutical products. Total employees: Manufacturing 700 person, Head office (Sales and Business support) 200 person.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage all import/export functions; coordinate with shipping agents & liners to handle import pursuant to the quality standards to ensure the import/return/re-export shipments are properly managed on a timely standard. Effectively manage shipment schedules for both import and export businesses.
- Coordinate with the related parties to solve issues related to import and export business. Ensure importing smoothness and provide data, document(s), letter(s), evidence(s) as requested by local customs.
- Identify, monitor and provide risks & opportunities with proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks related to import & export and customs.
- Proactively keep up-to-date the law and regulation of the Custom Department and other related organization related to Import/Export process. Set internal policies and manage the impact of external factors in relation to import and exportใ
- Stock planning related to imported products or materials; coordinate with all related parties to support Sales and Production demand. Optimize inventory level to ensure the sufficiency and appropriateness of stock. Minimize issues on unsold/expired/non-license products and extra storage charge.
- Handle tax refund or compensation related to the Customs Department; summarize and submit the documents to the Customs Department or other related governmental organizations in order to acquire tax refund or tax compensation. Tax planning for imported products and shipment
Successful candidate must have a strong knowledge and experience with import & export guideline, laws and regulations in the region and ability to innovate in an uncertain environment and manage complexity.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management or any related fields.
- At least 5 years’ experience at supervisor level and string experience in import & export business, supply chain management (Planning, Inventory Control, and Warehouse Operations).
- Experience dealing with customs department, excise department and Ministry of Health would be a plus
- Highly knowledgeable on customs processes and laws in related to healthcare, medical food, machine, material.
- Must be good communicator; strong written and verbal English proficiency.
- Teamwork & cross-collaborate with multiple departments and carry out changes and updates to team members.
- Good communication, execution, and negotiating skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills Computer literature.